…so you’ve downloaded subtitles for movies from one of the best subtitle site opensubtitles.org and…
To be honest, everyday I’m receiving one or more requests asking: how to see subtitles, how to watch movie with subtitles, how to use subtitles, guide using movie subtitles, how to display subtitles, how to add movie subtitles… After many replies I get bored and decided write mini how-to guide:
1. watch this video:
2. download GOOD video player:
- Open Subtitles MKV Player (download exact subtitles on request – the most easy way)
- Kantaris Media Player (Tip: Kantaris Media Player)
- ALLPlayer (Introducing All Player)
- MPC – Media Player Classic (Download it) – Download subtitles using MPC – guide
- VLC – VideoLAN (Download it)
- GOM Player (Download it)
- KM Player (Download it)
- MPlayer (Download it)
- SMPlayer (Download it)
- BS PLayer (Download it)
- Zoom Player (Download it)
- Video players list – pick up your favourite
And that’s all. As you can see, it is really easy, everything you have to do is rename subtitle file according movie file. So if you have “movie.avi” your subtitles must be located in same directory and renamed to “movie.srt”. Now open movie in your favourite video player and enjoy!
Tip: if you like to watch movie with 2 subtitles (switch them in video player), let’s say english and dutch, you just have to rename subtitle files like:
Of course there exists millions ways how to watch subtitles, but this how-to is for begginers.
UPDATE: Many users are asking how they can add subtitles to DVD and watch in standalone DVD player – here is the link for the best software – in this area (I am not only promoting something what I didn’t try, I was absolutely happy with this software) – try it here. They support every common format of subtitles, and also sub/idx files…Here is really nice guide for beginners.
Filed under: Other